Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Review: Making Marriage Simple



I received "Making Marriage Simple" by Harville Hendrix and Helen Hunt from www.bloggingforbooks.org about a week ago. I began reading the book almost immediately because as it so happens I was looking for help for my own marriage. I am normally not one to even read a marriage help book because I previously would have considered all of them to be garbage, however, I took a chance anyway and requested this book. Best decision ever! I can't tell you how much every chapter helped me to realize things within my marriage that need to be worked on and even gives exercises after each chapter to do with your spouse so that you may both benefit from what the book has to say. My husband and I are in the process of working on the exercises and hopefully this new found knowledge will improve our marriage and help us to be able to get more out of our relationship with one another. The book was well put together and touched on the important subjects as well as offered interesting insight and humor so that it was serious and lighthearted all in one which made it an easy read. I learned from the book what kind of personality I have when faced with certain situations and also what kind of personality my husband has as well. I am the hailstorm and he is the turtle. This information alone has helped us to be able to work on those issues in a constructive way and not a destructive way as we previously did. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to get married, married, or even in a serious relationship, it is well worth the read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home